OAK GROVE'S MISSION STATEMENT:
To provide a safe, caring learning environment where students achieve the academic, personal and social development required to become life-long learners, pursue post-secondary education, compete in a changing job market, and participate in a multicultural, democratic society.
EXPECTED SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING RESULTS
These skills represent the building blocks necessary to assure success for all graduating students at Oak Grove High School.
Students are community contributors. All students:
• Work collaboratively with diverse populations.
• Exercise responsible behavior to facilitate academic and social success.
• Contribute time and talents to improve the natural environment as well as the quality of life in the school and surrounding community.
• Feel proud of their cultural background and support activities that celebrate other cultures.
Students communicate effectively. All students:
• Speak, listen, read and write critically and reflectively.
• Acknowledge other points of view and respectfully seek conflict resolution.
Students demonstrate academic achievement. All students:
• Create intellectual and artistic projects.
• Identify, locate, and organize information or data.
• Demonstrate computer literacy.
• Analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information through independent and /or cooperative efforts.
Students demonstrate logical and effective decision-making skills. All students:
• Apply problem solving and decision making strategies to real-life scenarios.
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity in their academic pursuits.
• Conduct themselves in a responsible manner.
• Have knowledge of and comfort for people of different cultural, racial, ethnic back grounds.