Oak Grove Parent Center
The Parent Center at Oak Grove High School has been established to provide parents with information and the support necessary to be involved in their child’s education and to build a culture of achievement that stretches from school to home. We encourage parent participation in the educational decision making process as we believe in the important role parents play as part of the educational team and community. Please visit the Oak Grove Parent Center page.
Opportunities for Parent Involvement
It is the goal of Oak Grove High School that students will graduate ready for college and 21st Century Careers. The school is aware that students are more likely to be successful if families and educators are informed and work together. To that end, the school promises to:
- Assist parents in understanding academic content and achievement standards and assessments.
- Provide parents with materials and training to help them regularly monitor and improve the achievement of their children.
- Educate staff, with the assistance of parents, in the value of parent contributions and how to work with parents as equal partners.
- Coordinate and integrate parental involvement with other programs and conduct activities that encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children.
- Distribute information related to school and parent programs of upcoming academic and informational events via the school’s Teleparent system and School Loop in English and Spanish.
Numerous opportunities are available for parents to become active participants at the school site. Please visit our website for meeting dates and locations. We encourage and welcome you to participate in one or more of the following committees:
- African American Parent Association
- Band Boosters
- Comité de Padres Latinos
- English Language Advisory Committee
- Parent Community Organization
- School Site Council
We encourage parent participation and involvement. Please attend the events listed above or feel free to contact school administration, counselors, or staff at any time if you have concerns or suggestions.