It is the goal of Oak Grove High School that students will graduate ready for college and 21st Century Careers. The school is aware that students are more likely to be successful if families and educators are informed and work together. To that end, the school promises to:
- Assist parents in understanding academic content and achievement standards and assessments.
- Provide parents with materials and training to help them regularly monitor and improve the achievement of their children.
- Educate staff, with the assistance of parents, in the value of parent contributions and how to work with parents as equal partners.
- Coordinate and integrate parental involvement with other programs and conduct activities that encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children.
- Distribute information related to school and parent programs of upcoming academic and informational events via the school’s Teleparent system and School Loop in English and Spanish.
Numerous opportunities are available for parents to become active participants at the school site. Please visit our website for meeting dates and locations. We encourage and welcome you to participate in one or more of the following committees:
- African American Parent Association (AAPA): A committee of parents who advocate for and support the African American community on matters pertaining to the learning environment and the educational needs of students. The Association sponsors projects and initiatives to support the school’s Black Student Union (BSU).
- Athletic Boosters (OGAB): A non-profit organization consisting of a group of volunteers whose mission is to support and provide assistance to all athletes and coaches at Oak Grove High School. • Band Boosters: A non-profit organization whose purpose is to assist the music department of Oak Grove High School by raising funds and providing general support to said music department for the benefit of all students involved in the Band or Colorguard Programs.
- Comité de Padres Latinos (CPL): The purpose of this committee is to support and advocate for the Latino community at Oak Grove in matters related to the learning environment and the educational needs of students.
- English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC): The ELAC assists in the development of the school’s Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), the annual language census and ways to inform parents of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Parent Committee Organization (PCO): This committee is dedicated to bringing together parents, educators, students and the community to support school activities and address educational issues.
- School Site Council (SSC): A committee of teachers, counselors, parents, students and administrators who are responsible for planning and sustaining the school’s SPSA and the School Safety Plan per SB 187. This committee oversees the school budget and program expenditures, including T1.
We encourage parent participation and involvement. Please attend the events listed above or feel free to contact school administration, counselors, or staff at any time if you have concerns or suggestions.